Personalization today is undoubtedly one of the main levers in marketing to bring differential value to each customer. Recently Coca-cola, Nutella, and Kinder launched a promotional marketing based on customizing their packaging. These promotions have allowed consumers to get the packaging of their favorite products personalized with their name or even with their photo, in the case of Kindergarten. These marketing actions have been well received in the market thanks mainly to the innovation in the field of personalization of consumer products aimed at masses.
Coca cola launched this marketing campaign originally in Australia under the name “share a coke.” Due to its success, the marketing campaign has been exported to more than 32 countries. The idea of this campaign lies in inviting you to share a Coke that bears the name of a family member or friend, although usually, the first reaction is usually to look for your own name.
The Nutella brand has also decided to customize its packaging through labels. To do this, consumers must access the Facebook page of Nutella and download the application “personalized labels" for free. In this application, the consumer enters the name with which he wants to personalize his label and the shipping data.
Kinder Chocolate has been the last to sign up for the personalization party, but taking a step further in that area. The customization on this occasion, in addition to adding the name you want, allows you to customize the packaging with a photograph.
Coca-cola, Nutella, and Kinder with their marketing actions based on personalization of packaging have revolutionized the market, but in addition, they have obtained many other benefits for their brands.
- It adds value. Through the customization of Coca-cola packaging, Nutella and Kinder have been able to create value to the customer.
- The connection between brand and consumer. These promotions made the brand closer to the consumers.
- Positive brand experience. Through this type of marketing, the consumer lives a positive, emotional and meaningful experience.
- Virality and buzz marketing. The role of social networks has been key to generating noise. Consumers share photos and generate conversations about their personalized products, contributing to the virality of the promotion.
- Customer data. Thanks to the registrations in the promotions, the brands obtain valuable information about their consumers.